If you don’t like sharing Instagram photos from your phone, you’ve found the right place. You can post to Instagram using your PC or Mac. If you post on Instagram from your PC, you can save time and upload more edited videos and images. And you don’t need to transfer them to your phone first.
The following are three discrete methods for posting to Instagram from your computer.
Post on Instagram with a web browser
Instagram’s web version allows all users to compose and publish feed posts
Here are the steps you need to check to post on Instagram using your desktop computer (PC or Mac):
- Log in to your Instagram account by visiting the Instagram website (instagram.com)
- The + sign will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (this is the same button used on the mobile app)
- By dragging images or videos into the pop-up box or by clicking Select from the computer, you will open the Media Library and be able to select up to ten files when creating a carousel to boost your post.
- You can adjust the aspect ratio of a picture or video by clicking the frame icon in the lower left of the pop-up window. The zoom tool (the magnifying glass icon at the bottom left) or dragging your file can also be used to modify your frame. To proceed, click Next in the upper right corner.
- In the Filters tab, you may select one of 12 preset effects or Adjustments to manually adjust parameters such as brightness, contrast, and fading. Choose Next.
- To explore and choose emojis, click the smiling face symbol. In the Accessibility area, you can also enter a location in the Add location box, limit comments in Advanced settings, and add alt text to your images.
- Click on Share
Post on Instagram with Creator Studio
Creator Studio may be suitable for you if Instagram is your preferred social network and you do not mind having all your social networks in one dashboard. It is important to note that Creator Studio allows you to upload and schedule all post types except Instagram Stories.
Here is how to use Creator Studio to post to Instagram:
- Ensure that Instagram is linked to Creator Studio
- Continue to the Instagram section
- From the menu, select Create Post
- The Instagram Feed button will appear
- More than one Instagram account connected; choose the account to which you wish to publish
- Please include a caption and coordinates (optional)
- To upload images and videos, click Add Content
- The following two options are available:
- Click on From File Upload to add new material
- Click From Facebook Page to share information you have previously posted on Facebook
- If you would like to post this item to the Facebook Page associated with your Instagram account, check the box next to Share to Facebook. You may add more information to your Facebook post after it has been published on Instagram.
- Click on the Publish button.
Post Instagram Story from your computer
Follow the instructions below to upload an Instagram Story from your computer.
- Visit Instagram.com
- Developer mode can be accessed through Safari or Google Chrome (see the Mac and PC sections above for detailed instructions)
- The camera icon can be found in the upper left corner of the screen
- Choose a picture or video to be used in your narrative. You may modify it with text, stickers, filters, or gifs if you wish
- You can add to your description by tapping the Add to your narrative button at the bottom of the screen.
The steps for accessing Instagram on a computer are like those for accessing Instagram on a mobile device.